Day 18 – November 18, 2015
I’m almost caught up. 🙂
I haven’t really listed anything I’ve done for “me” like my two challenge buddies – mostly because I’m nearly always alone so whatever I’m doing is always for me. I understand the concept is to treat myself to a non-food reward of sorts, but I really can’t think of anything I would care to do to “treat” myself. I’m not into massages or any spa treatments (too embarrassing) so I’m at a loss. I wouldn’t count treating myself to a new book or movie because I do that fairly regularly anyway. RE: I am alone and that’s my entertainment.
- Yesterday since declaring I would walk more steps in a day was the first day I actually did, though I still haven’t hit my daily step goal. The pains in my feet, particularly my right food have really hindered that.
- I had a big salad for lunch.
- I got in 19,000 steps today which was a total of 3 walks.
- Did housework today so added steps were involved.
- Went to the grocery store in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner. Plans are to have a very low key and healthy dinner planned.
- Today I spent 7 hours doing some of my Christmas shopping. I’d like to think I walked a few miles during that time. —What’d you get me???! Kidding!
- I started out with a meal replacement shake which provided me with enough energy to make a dent in the shopping
- I stopped for an early supper which consisted of a Greek salad with grilled chicken. I’m sure I could have made a healthier choice when it came to the salad but I enjoyed every bite.
It’s okay to enjoy eating something you like once in a while especially if you make up for it with exercise. 🙂 Great job!